Thursday, July 9, 2015

Jamberry Review

Hello everyone,
Today we're going to get started on a review of Jamberry products, a FIVE Free, vinyl nail wrap. I'm sure most of you have heard of these before, but for those who haven't, they wrap around and cover the nail. They have hundreds of different designs and are designed to last up to two weeks on the nail!

So, I've worked with two different consultants over the past few months and will link both of them below, however, I am currently hosting a party with Rain Perez and will link that down below should you like to order. The more people order through my party the more product I get to test and review.

So, my relationship with nail polish has not always been a happy one. I have perpetually short nails due to a bad habit of picking and biting them. I try to keep them painted to deter this habit, but then I just end up picking them again as soon as they chip. I also really can't stand the unevenness if one of them breaks or cracks, so I feel the need to even them out, even if they're super short by the end of it. It's a weird logic, but it's mine.

A picture of some designs.


I was invited to a Jamberry party through Facebook and even though I frequntly ignore them due to annoying notifications, I decided to give it a chance. I played all the games, I ordered the product, and by the end of the party it was all at my house. I had utilized the 'buy three get one free' deal to try and get a wide variety of patterns and designs. So I applied them using the inturctions found on the back of each package. I held them up to a hairdryer with the adhesive side facing the heat source until the wrap started to curl. I then placed the nail wrap on my nail, making sure to not get it on any part of the cuticle or surrounding skin, and applied even pressure all over the nail to create a seal. I then applied some more heat and pressure until I felt the seal was satisfactory.

A design I did using the nail wrap Oh Deer. 

It was a lot easier than I had anticipated it to be. It only took me about 20 minutes to complete both hands which is about the same amount of time it takes me to complete both hands with regular nail polish. I wore them over the next few days and really didn't see any chipping or breaking of the seal until the end of my firest week with them on, and since I have that bad habit of picking at any imperfections, I picked them all off. They came off with no issue without any remover, olive oil, or lemon juice (the reccomended removal methods) and left very little residue behind.

My next few applications went a lot smoother and lasted longer than the first, but due to my bad habit again I never have been able to get to the two week mark. I have been getting closer and closer with each application though! I can now do them in about 15 minutes with no dry time.

Here you can see the size of a full sheet. 

All in all I really love the different designs and the longevity of them (they last at least three times longer than regular polish). Plus, at only $15 a pack it's a pretty good deal. To save money and wraps because I'm a cheapskate, I usually take the tips of any discarded wrap and save them for use as a french tip or pinky wrap. Like I said, I have a horrible problem with refusing to throw beauty products away. Oh, and just FYI if you have short nails like me, you might be able to use one third of a wrap per nail instead of one half. More leftovers!

So that's it! I find Jamberry a really great alternative to regular nail polish and they work great as just an accent nail, or as a full manicure or pedicure. They last longer than conventional polish, have great designs, and there are no fumes or harsh chemicals in the wrap.

To contact my initial consultant, Kari Suderly, you can email her at karils4me@gmail.com and find her on her website here.

To contact my current consultant, Rain Perez, you can find her website here, and you can find my current party to order through here. My party will be open for the next two weeks so make sure to check it out and try it!

Thanks for reading guys :]

No comments:

Post a Comment