Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Nonesuch Skin Care Review

Hello all, 

So today we're going to review a product near and dear to me (literally!) Nonesuch Skin Care started in Southern Maine when successful oyster farmer, Abigail Carroll (affectionately known as the Oyster Lady) started noticing what we here in Maine call "lobster man hands". Dry, cracked, and sore skin that seemed to get more irritated the more product she applied. So, she decided to make her own products utilizing natural products from the Maine seashore. 

Abigail was kind enough to send me a wonderful package of her current products including a Sea Salt Scrub, a Hydrating Body Oil, and Hand Salve. The fact that these were sent to me no way impacts my review. My opinions are my own completely. 

Their Maine Sea Salt Scrub is delightful. The smell is delicious and inviting with a hint of lemon and a fresh scent that doesn't feel too chemically. 


The packaging is sturdy blue glass that reminds me of the thick glass in old drinking glasses. When you open it you can see the oily layer on top. You have to really mix it in with the sea salt to make it usable. But, once you do mix it in it becomes a lovely slurry of salty goodness. I used this product on my legs to remove dead skin before shaving, and let me tell you, it was amazing. Sea Salt Scrubs differ from sugar scrubs in that they are a little more intense and don't run the risk of giving you an unwanted infection if it gets somewhere you don't want it to (ladies know what I'm talking about....) It makes your skins silky smooth and leaves it moisturized and smelling swell. 


Sea Salt scrub Ingredients : Sea Salt, Almond Oil, Bladderwrack Extract, Kelp Infused Olive Oil, Vitamin E Oil, and Lemon Essential Oil. 


Next we have the Hydrating Body Oil. This is an odd product, something I've never encountered before. However, I did like how it left my skin feeling. 


It comes in a blue glass spray bottle, similar to the one that holds the Sea Salt Scrub. So, I expected a lotion of thin cream BUT it was pure oil. I sprayed it on my legs after a  dry skin day and was surprised at how the oil spritzed out and ran down my skin. I quickly rubbed it in, getting a silky smooth effect on my legs, but still feeling confused. Could I just rub oil on my skin and get the same effect? While I do love what this product did for my skin, I think the formula is very odd and does take some getting used to to use effectively. 

Hydrating Body Oil Ingredients : Almond Oil, Seasame Seed Oil, Bladderwrack Extract, Kelp Infused Olive OIl, Vitamin E Oil, Lavender Oil.


The Maine Seaweed Hand Salve is my favorite of all three products. It's essentially a solid hand lotion or hand wax. It's deeply moisturizing and smells wonderful.


It works really well in adding a protective layer to the skin and protecting against the elements such as wind, cold, or calluses. I really love this product because it is so moisturizing, natural, and smells delicious.


Hand Salve Ingredients: Bees Wax, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Bladderwrack and Kelp Infused Olive Oil, Almond Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Jasmine Oil, Lavender Oil, Patchouli Oil.

The products can all be found at their website, and you can go 'Like' their Facebook page.

Once again, I highly recommend and love these products and wish more companies would look into utilizing the sea and it's natural resources for cosmetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment